So You Wanna be a TV Writer?
Take this Test
true or false
1. I loved school, especially homework. The pressure of always
having an assignment/
term paper/doctoral dissertation due makes me have an orgasm
whether I want one or not.
2. I love staying indoors writing at my computer on July 4th
while everyone else is having fun in the sun, swimming, and
3. I love being rewritten, especially when they perform a joke-
ectomy on my hilarious script and then tell me it’s not funny.
4. I want to be a staff writer so I can help them gang bang and
wreck my perfect script.
5. Sleep and home cooked meals are for pussies and girlie
men. I’d rather work than sleep any night. It's my dream to
eat cold take-out from Styrofoam boxes.
6. I love fatigue, especially dozing off on the 405 at 4 AM and
waking up just before my car hits the guardrail. That’s my kind of
7. Nothing rattles me. Sexual jokes at my expense totally crack
me up! I love it.
8. I love that people think I’m joking when I say “I have no
9. I like being overpaid and spending my work day sitting
around a table making jokes and laughing with the six
funniest people I have ever met in my entire life.
IF YOU ANSWERED TRUE TO QUESTIONS 1-9 then
hurry up and finish your two hilarious spec scripts already
and get a staff job ASAP.
IF YOU ANSWERED FALSE TO QUESTIONS 1-8 AND
TRUE TO QUESTION 9, then keep your day job (if you
have one) and get some therapy as soon as you can afford
U Can QUOTE ME! (interviews 'n reviews!)
|WGA Strike of 2008
Videos, cartoons, photos
NCS/SCCS Annual Comic-Con
Kick Off Party
|Jen Sorensen "Slowpoke Comics,"
Brendan Burford (King Features), &
Lisa Wilson (United Media), R.C Harvey, &
Holly Harris, Karyl &